Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Zize Bikes Better?
Buy a Bike from Zize Bikes Today. We Guarantee You'll be Glad You Did!
At Zize Bikes, we sell bikes that are built strong enough customers of any size. So what is it that makes our bikes so special?
- We're the only builders of bikes that carry up to 550 pounds.
- Our 100% guarantee on our own Zize Bikes. If you don't love it, we will buy it back!
- Extensive selection including bicycles, tricycles, and electric bikes.
- Zize Bikes are unmatched in quality of parts, materials, and construction.
- Superior design and construction.
- We carry a wide array of Zize-appropriate accessories, each one tested to be the best for your use.
- Toll-free support in choosing the best bike and for technical questions. Best prices on the best products.
If you find one of our products for less, let us know and we'll match it!*
We want you to love your bicycle from Zize Bikes. If, after a full 60 days, you are not satisfied for any reason, please let us know. We will arrange for repair, replacement, or refund of your purchase price, as you wish.
A Strong Bike Makes All the Difference
When we were young, biking meant freedom!
- No more walking
- You didn't need to be chauffeured
- Freedom to go where you wanted, on your own power
Ah, but things have changed. Somehow the years and the pounds have multiplied, an
d perhaps bike riding has gone off the program? And why is that? The majority of
bicycle companies today don’t make cycles for big people, strong bikes that are built to comfortably support bodies that are bigger than 200 pounds. In fact, to ride on one of these bikes is to invite trouble and there have been no options available for the heavy bike rider. Until now.
Now is the time to step up to Zize Bikes®, the only place you will find strong bikes, designed for people who are plus sized.
Our bicycles are proudly made in Vermont, USA by Super Sized Cycles. They are not over-welded adaptations that are difficult or embarrassing to ride, they are sleek, easy-to-ride machines. They are bicycles whose design flows along classic lines, using unique design concepts and exciting new components that provide a durable, safe and comfortable ride.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but one picture is not enough to show you the compelling design concepts utilized by Super Sized Cycles and found no place else and built exclusively for people who are big. We invite you to look through and see the future in bicycling. Study, choose, and join the fun.
Custom Built Bikes don't have anything on our Frames!
Big riders know instinctively that bike frames may be precarious. The key to making a superior bike for our customers is in the frame. We use chrome-moly steel tubing from the aircraft industry, which provides a stronger base than steel or iron, yet retains subtle flexibility and lightness. This alloys kept the bicycle from being too heavy, yet provides a comfortable ride.
The structural integrity will last for a lifetime of riding.
- Our frames are built with aircraft-grade seamless chrome-moly
- Our frame material thicker than anywhere else in the industry
- Using rolled, seamless tubing means your frame will never split
Extra Large Bikes Require Extra Strong Brakes
Who doesn't remember the little rubber pads attached to the end of the calipers as being all that stood between you and stopping? For the XL bicycle rider that would not be enough. Selecting the modern disc brakes that are becoming standard on more elite bicycles was the superior way to look at this element. Gone is the brake fade we all remember, and so too is any sense of urgency whenever you feel the need to use your brakes. Whether you use your brakes to stop gently in front of your favorite coffee shop when you're out for an afternoon ride or for an emergency stop heading downhill, you'll be able to ride in confidence.
Heavy Riders Need Comfortable, Stable Seats
On any bike the seat is the comfort zone. Tires are where the rubber meets the road, but this is where the human meets the bike. And as we gain in age it's more important than ever.
- Our seats are wide, padded and built for comfort
- Tested from many designs to provide hours of easy riding.
- Seat posts are firmly locked to the bike—no quick-release levers (which can mean a sliding seat)
- Seat clamps are integrated inside the post, which means no wiggling seat for heavy riders
The solid connection of the seat to the bike frame will give you the direct feel of the bike and raise your confidence riding, whether you're meandering on a country lane or negotiating traffic in a city. Every rider expects this connection, and with Zize Bikes, heavy riders meet, and exceed, these same expectations.
Bikes for Big Riders Require Big Tires and Wheels
The tires you see on most bikes today haven't changed much since the days when you first started riding. But for bigger folks, it makes sense that we're going to need something more than thin tires with low thread counts that seem to get flat just by looking at a bumpy road.
We created super strong tires that take big people and the bikes they ride through rough terrain and smooth. These are better tires that transport riding a bike from a task of appreciating friction to gliding on air. For big riders it is a matter of, once again, adding to confidence in riding through nearly effortless motion and positive feel of the road.
- Our wheels are wide, but not so ride that they can't fit into most standard forks
- Our spokes are 14-15 gauge, the strongest in the industry
- We use 36 double-butted stainless steel spokes per wheel
- Our tires measure 2.4", and great for support and stability
- Our tires are three times more durable than traditional cruiser bike tires
- Our tires have well rounded side walls for ease in handling
- The smoothness of our tires creates low rolling resistance
- Our inner tubes are sealed with Slime® so it keeps the tires from losing air or getting flats
Why You Need Tougher Pedals and Cranks
While the pedal assembly may seem simple, it is actually a cantilevered piece that absorbs all the rider's weight when pedaling, especially under the stress of going uphill or obtaining speed.
For the plus sized rider this is a crucial component. We didn't need to look further than to the area in biking where the bikes are stressed on a regular basis—the world of BMX racing. The parts selected for our Zize Bikes will easily stand up to a plus size rider.
- Shimano® anodized aluminum cranks for integrated strength
- Heavy duty steel alloy platform pedals
- Pedals with oversized cartridge bearings to keep the pedals in place all the time
- Pedals are mounted close to the crank, eliminating bending
The Gears Make You Feel like You're on a Customized Cruiser Bike!
If you've never ridden with internal gears before, you are in for a wonderful surprise! No more gears slipping, no more grease on your pants leg, no more chains falling off, no more timing of the shifting. With our Shimano designed, internal gear system, you no longer have to think about the standard dérailleur with its plethora of open gears, exposed chain and the requisite grease and oil. The ease with which you can change speeds truly will make you feel like you're on a customized bike.
- Riders can shift gears faster, easier, and in any position, including at a full stop
- 90% easier to use than external gears
- Adjust your gears once, almost no need for further adjustments
- Stronger than external gear systems
- Chains NEVER fall off
A Custom Built Bicycle Finish
Zize Bikes are assembled with the care of a limited run feeling. Paint, the standard, less expensive option, would chip and ding quickly and soon enough lose the allure of the flowing lines. We spend the extra time to powder coat our bikes. The polished glass look in the photos is what you will find when you remove your bike from the shipping box. Durable, and beautiful,it's the custom built bicycle finish you deserve.
How do you choose the right bike?
The CDC National Center for Health Statistics reports that more than one third of adults in the country have obesity or are overweight. The health risks posed by obesity have brought awareness and an increasing consciousness for a healthier lifestyle; thus, more people are getting into health and fitness programs. The challenge though, is finding one that works; meaning, it does not only show results but it can be sustained as a regular routine to make it indeed a lifestyle.
If you will ask health experts, they would usually have one advice for regaining health and fitness proper diet and regular exercise. A proper diet means getting the right nutrition from the right kinds of food. A regular exercise is something that you can do as often as you can. Most of the time, its doing a regular exercise that is challenging to sustain. However, cycling is a low impact exercise that can be done regularly and is easy to sustain.
Because of its numerous benefits, cycling is rapidly becoming popular as a recreational activity, a sport, or as a regular form of exercise. Bicycle manufacturers and companies are producing product lines for every type of rider regardless of age, gender, and weight. This is comforting to know that even plus size riders can now find a bike for heavy person.
One company that specializes in manufacturing a bike for heavy person is Zize Bikes. With the new product line of Zize Bikes, various types of plus sized and heavy riders can now choose among these superior quality and top of the line bikes. Their top 3 selling bicycles are:
For the active and more confident heavy rider who loves fun and dares for more challenging rides, A New Leaf is the one for you. This fashionably rugged bicycle that looks like a mountain bike is made of superior quality materials such as chromaly steel and alloy. What makes A New Leaf top seller for over a decade? Apart from testimonies of superior strength and durability buy those who have already bought these bikes, you might want to check out its amazing profile:
- Weight limit is 550 pounds.
- It has custom built chromoly steel frame with forged alloy shaft and double bolted seat post.
- Pedals made of forged alloy platform and chromoly spindles are plus sized rider friendly.
- Wheels that are installed with 36 spokes made of superior quality stainless steel, double wall alloy rims, inner tubes with Slime sealant guarantee maximum support.
- Extra durable wide tires with the highest thread count and with lots of volume and traction that do not only provide comfort and stability but also allow the rider to tread through any terrain possible and in any weather conditions.
- Super comfortable saddle seats made with multi-stage gel padding and elastomer absorbers that serve as shocks
- 8-speed internal gear system enclosed in a hub allows not only plenty of range but also security from chains falling off and the system is designed for the rider to shift gears in any position and makes climbing uphill an easy task.
- Disc brakes on both wheels allow for quick full stop.
Finally amazing with this bike, is it does not need any maintenance requirements. How great is that! No worries, no fuzz.
Riding this bike would really give you the time of your life for you to have that exhilarating experience of cycling. Mostly popular among men and women over 50, the Time of Your Life bike is designed for the rider to be in an upright position and can touch the ground while seated on the saddle. This bike is great for those heavy riders who have balance issues and would just like to have an easy cruise on the road. The bikes crank forward makes it even easier to ride.
Still possessing the qualities Zize Bikes are known for: superior strength, extremely durable, maximum support, and optimum comfortable ride, Time of Your Life would be worth the investment for you to rediscover the joy of cycling.
If you are intimidated to go cycling because you are a big rider, get a 29er Max and ride in style. This superior quality bike is made of chromoly steel, forged alloy, and other high grade materials that guarantee durability and strength. What makes it unique is its forest green color and extra-large wheels that make it ideal for tall plus sized riders. The 29er Max is loaded with awesome features that would make its proud owner ride the bike again and again.
For instance, the bikes handlebars are designed for an upright position when riding. This would reduce the strain and even spare the rider from a sore back, hands, wrists and neck. This position also makes pedaling and steering or maneuvering the bike easier. The wide saddle with just the right softness of padding makes cycling comfortable while the rider works out all those muscles during the ride.
Heavy riders usually worry about the wheels of the bicycle that these light not support them properly. The last thing a rider would want is to stop by the side road with a flat tire or worse, a broken wheel. There is no need to worry nor fear with such hassles with the 29er Max. The wheels have more spokes than the regular bike and these are made of high grade steel with double-walled alloy rims that are extra wide. Plus, the wheels are installed with high tread count superior quality tires that are flat-resistant with the inner tubes sealed with slime sealant. This substance works like magic that repeatedly seals puncture on the tire.
Also, riders need not worry getting sprayed with mud, rocks, or dust that are thrown by the rotating wheels. The 29er Max have unbreakable fenders made of polycarbonate with stainless steel hardware. With this kind of fenders and wheels, you can ride your 29er Max anytime, anywhere.
With the 29er Max, hills become flat because riding uphill is just a breeze with the bikes 8-speed internal gear Shimano hub system thats easy to use. You do not need to fret about getting the right timing in shifting gears because the gearing system in the 29er Max allows the rider to change gears anytime during the ride and even at full stop.
The 29er Max guarantees safe and timely stops with its top of the line braking system: the Shimano disc brakes that are installed in front and the rear brakes of the bike.
Whatever you choose from these top 3 selling bicycles from Zize Bikes, you are assured of strength, durability, and superior quality bikes that are designed and especially made for you. Because the company does not want to deny you of the rewarding experience of cycling, Zize Bikes offers financing plans and schemes to make these bikes affordable.
Upon order, customers are assured of fast shipping. The bikes need to be assembled and Zize Bikes can assist you in locating local bike shops that can help you with the assembly.
When it comes to cycling your way to good health and for a fitter you, any of these bikes would certainly be worth the investment.
What are the financing options?
FINANCING HAS NEVER BEEN SO EASY!
ZERO—that saucy number is what you could pay in interest when you finance your Zize Bikes with Affirm.
Zize Bikes has teamed up with Affirm so you can stick to your budget with monthly payments, getting peace of body, mind, and wallet.
Affirm is a financing alternative to credit cards and other credit products. They give you a real-time decision so you can purchase your Zize Bike as soon as you’re ready!
- Get as low as 0% APR for 6 months* when you finance your Zize Bike with Affirm.*
- Get flexible monthly payments with bank transfer, check or debit card options.
- No hidden fees—what you see at checkout is what you’ll pay.
Select “Affirm Monthly Payments” at checkout to finance your Zize Bikes purchase!
Financing based on advertised purchase price at 0% APR, paid over 6 months. Excludes tax fees, which are calculated at checkout.
*0% APR financing over 6 months available to qualified applicants. Applicants who do not qualify will be evaluated for rates from 10-30% APR over 3, 6, or 12 months. For example, if you made a $1,000 purchase you might pay $166.67/mo over 6 months at 0% APR. A down payment may be required.