One of the things heavy riders are concerned about is falling from a bicycle. While there are a lot of causes of falls, there are also a lot of ways to avoid them. So check out the following tips on how to avoid falling from a bicycle.
1. Ride at a standard pace. A bicycle is likely to wobble if you ride at a very slow rate. Know that the standard speed in order to keep your balance and avoid falling from a bicycle is 3mph (25kph). If your bike starts to be unstable, the simple trick is to keep on pedaling and pick up a little speed until you reach the ideal speed. You are more likely to fall if you are too cautious about pedaling that it makes you do it too slowly.
2. Avoid obstacles. Avoid wet leaves as they are slippery. Also, riding over puddles especially those you cannot tell the depth is not a good idea. Though it seems fun to run them over, resist the temptation to be safe.
3. Do not be startled. Try not to be alarmed when you are cycling on a bike lane shared with pedestrians. Once you’re startled, you might lose your focus and control of your bike, and then you might fall. It’s true that it’s pretty nerve-wrecking to bike with pedestrians who tend to be unaware of cyclists and go in their way, but the key is to simply use a warning signal. Use a bell or any warning device. If you do not have one, install one in your bicycle. It’s very important.
4. Take a quick break when you’re tired. This is another simple way to avoid falling from a bicycle. If you feel a bit sore and you’re already catching your breath, take a rest. Don’t push yourself to continue. When you’re exhausted, you would most likely to lose your concentration, and this may cause you to make mistakes leading to falling. Do stop when you’re tired.
5. Ride the right bike. Sometimes, the cause of falling from a bicycle is the bike itself. Make sure you cycle on one that is able to support your body’s size and weight, as most bikes in the market today are built to carry 200 pounds and below. The materials used for those regular bikes’ parts — rims, pedals, cranks, tires, seat, and frame — are not sturdy enough for bigger bicyclists. So consider getting a custom built bike, a bicycle for heavy riders.
For more tips on how to avoid falling from a bicycle, click here.
If you are looking for an extra strong bicycle that will provide you with a safer, more comfortable, and more fun ride, visit the website of Zize Bikes at www.ZizeBikes.com, or click on this link: https://zizebikes.com/category/default.aspx.