A New Leaf 3.0 E-Bike
A New Leaf 3.0 E-bike has all the features you love from our 3.0 line, but it was further upgraded by adding an electric motor. Converting your bike into an electric bike comes with many benefits such as the ability to go longer distances, and going uphill with ease.
We are so excited to see how fast e-bikes are taking off! There is a reason for this, as they are an easy, fun way to get exercise while ensuring that you won’t get overpowered by a hill or run out of steam before you get home. Like many other companies, for a while Zize Bikes was using Bafang motors. We didn’t have any problems with them, but discovered that they are not as flexible or as robust as we prefer for our customers. Looking into this challenge, we discovered GRIN Technologies, who build a superior motor, with extreme strength and flexibility. They’re made in Canada and cost a bit more, but you’re getting superior technology.
To create the magic of the New Leaf e-bike, this is the best front hub motor available, and it’s over 2 kg (4.4 pounds) lighter than comparably-powered generic direct drive hub motors from overseas. Hub motors have several qualities that make them ideal for ZIZE riders.
- A front hub has been shown to be more desirable for long-term usage and durability. There are no external components exposed to the elements and the internal components are sealed from the outside to provide maintenance-free service for years.
- The hub motor is very robust and independent of you and your bike’s drivetrain. So should something happen where you can’t pedal, the hub works anyway.
- Being independent of the bike’s internally-geared drivetrain, hub motors create NO stress on the chain and cogs, as well as the general wear and tear of those components. By separating it completely from the pedaling mechanism, it eliminates any friction and wearing caused by the electric assist.
- Hub motors are silent!
- In general, hub motors are considered better for constant speed riding, less shifting, easier maintenance.
The motor includes pedal assist sensors (PAS), so you can choose the power level of motor assistance that you would like while pedaling. Also, you can always override your designated PAS level with your throttle in order to achieve your desired speed and power. The system works through a programmable dashboard that has a 1 to 5 Range of available assistance, to dial in the amount of additional help the motor will generate.
A WORD ABOUT WATTAGE CLAIMS
If you’ve investigated E-bikes at all you’ve probably seen wattage claims for the motor, no matter what the drive type. In truth, there are many variables as to what gives an e-bike its power and range, and it is a combination of the load on the motor, battery volts, battery pack capacity and the terrain you are riding. Our motor will put out as little as 100 watts when you are just cruising along, and up to 1250 watts for steep inclines or when getting up to speed. We make sure to program it so that it will keep running for you exactly the way you want it.
A WORD ABOUT RANGE CLAIMS
Range is another area where claims are made to make a specific E-bike look better than competitors. The truth is, range can vary a lot for a given bike depending on the terrain you are riding and the speed you are riding at. With moderate pedal assist on typical urban terrain, you can expect 40+ miles of range on our standard build.
Because the motor system is independent of the standard drivetrain of the bike, if you ever run out of battery, you can simply pedal, unassisted, like a non-motorized bike.
How fast your e-bike goes will be set by us and limited by the controller to comply with local laws, most of which put a maximum of 20mph on eBikes.
A New Leaf E-bike is styled a little like a mountain bike, built like a truck, and has the strength and comfort of a Zize Bike–on steroids!
A New Leaf E-bike gives you an easy way to get your health back and have a blast doing it!
Due to ongoing manufacturing issues, we may be obligated, on occasion, to substitute some components for others that are equal or superior to those listed. As always, Zize Bikes stands behind all of our products.
|Carrying Capacity||550 lbs|
|Person Height||5’6″- 7′|
|Sizes||Small, Medium, Large|
|Inseam||29 - 36″|
|Max Assisted Speed||20 MPH, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED TO BE HIGHER|
|Range Estimated||40+ miles|
|Motor Location||Front hub|
|Motor Brand||Grin Technologies|
|Battery Brand||Grin Technologies|
|Frame||Custom designed and built from aircraft-grade chromoly steel for strength and durability|
|Brakes||Shimano hydraulic disc brakes|
|Seat Post||Kalloy, 350MM alloy|
|Saddle||DDK, 10 x 706” comfort density seat. Steel with elastomer rail|
|Rear Hub||Shimano 8 Speed internal hub|
|Spokes||36, 14 g stainless with brass nipple|
|Rims||Extra wide, double wall alloy|
|Tires||Kenda, with high thread count and extra durable|
|Inner Tubes||Kenda, sealed with Slime sealant to repeatedly seal punctures|
|Pedals||Wellgo, 9/16 diameter, boron Axle, silver body, and black top with JIS reflector|
|Bike Weight||60 lbs|
|Shipping Weight||70 lbs|
A New Leaf 3.0 E-bike innovations and enhancements for a better bike experience !
- Designed and built to carry 550 pounds
- Front and rear hydraulic disc brakes
- 36 spoke, double-walled alloy rims with double bolted seat post, made from forged alloy shaft for more durability
- Available in 3 sizes and in the color Jet Black
- Equipped with front and rear fenders
- 500 Watt Front Hub Motor, which can produce over 1200 watts as needed
- 36 Volt battery, which can easily carry the heaviest Zize rider up a hill at 15 miles per hour. This is the ideal choice to avoid overheating the motor.
- 2 Amp battery charger
Professional assembly is required. Please be sure to identify a bike shop and verify that they will build your bike. If you need assistance in finding a shop, please call us at 877-690-1879.
FINANCING HAS NEVER BEEN SO EASY!
ZERO—that saucy number is what you could pay in interest when you finance your Zize Bikes with Affirm
Zize Bikes has teamed up with Affirm so you can stick to your budget with monthly payments, getting peace of body, mind, and wallet.
Affirm is a financing alternative to credit cards and other credit products. They give you a real-time decision so you can purchase your Zize Bike as soon as you’re ready!
- Get as low as 0% APR for 6 months* when you finance your Zize Bike with Affirm.*
- Get flexible monthly payments with bank transfer, check or debit card options.
- No hidden fees—what you see at checkout is what you’ll pay.
Select “Affirm Monthly Payments” at checkout to finance your Zize Bikes purchase!
Financing based on advertised purchase price at 0% APR, paid over 6 months. Excludes tax fees, which are calculated at checkout.
*0% APR financing over 6 months available to qualified applicants. Applicants who do not qualify will be evaluated for rates from 10-30% APR over 3, 6, or 12 months. For example, if you made a $1,000 purchase you might pay $166.67/mo over 6 months at 0% APR. A down payment may be required.
FREE for any bike purchase
Once you have made your selections at Zize Bikes, you can get an estimate of the cost of your international shipping fee. MyUS needs to identify the country it will be shipped to as well as the weight of the item shipped. Please click here for your estimate.