Slime is a green tire sealant composed of binders, fibers, and clogging agents which build up and interweave to seal holes or punctures in tires’ inner tubes. When inner tubes get punctured, the sealant is carried to the hole site by the escaping air, forming a plug which stops air loss. Installing slime for bicycle tires is pretty quick and easy.
Here’s how to install slime for bicycle tires:
1. Remove the cap from the valve stem on your flat tire. Remove the cap from the Slime’s tube.
2. Turn the tube cap of the Slime around backwards and insert it into the end of your bicycle valve stem. There’s a small fork at the end of the Slime cap. Push it down into the valve stem and slightly twist it. It will drop down and lock onto the valve core.
3. Twist the cap of the Slime counterclockwise to unscrew the valve stem core. Pull out the valve core when it unscrews all the way. It’s like a tiny shaft with a spring around it. Set it aside and keep the valve core attached to the cap.
4. Screw the Slime’s tube onto the top of the valve stem. Once screwed all the way, squeeze the tube with your fingers. Once empty, remove the tube.
5. Pick up the valve core that should still be attached to the cap of the Slime. Insert the valve core into the valve stem and then screw it back down tightly with the Slime cap attachment.
6. Now you’re ready to pump up your tire. To seal the puncture, you simply ride your bike.
Learn the quick and easy steps to changing bicycle tire.
To be spared from hassles caused by punctured tires, consider getting a bicycle with slimed tubes, a self-repairing flat prevention system, and with high tread count. Visit www.ZizeBikes.com, the maker of extra strong custom built bicycles for every body, including bicycles for heavy people that can support riders up to 550 pounds.
Watch this video to learn how to install slime for bicycle tires.
Watch the video above to learn how to install Slime for bicycle tires with Presta valves.
Get ready to ride with Rapido bike coupon and save big with our exclusive discounts, available on The Hindu! Experience the convenience and freedom of on-demand bike rides at a fraction of the cost. Don’t miss out on this limited time offer and start exploring your city today!